Where To Look For A Science Project Research Paper Sample
Completing a science project can be a source of great fun, education, interest for almost every student. Writing the research paper portion of the assignment is usually not so much fun. A staggering number of students do an excellent job on the project itself, but then lose valuable marks when it comes time to get it all down on paper. The purpose of doing the research paper is to give you all the information you need so that you are able to understand why your experiment turned out the way that it did.
Especially if you were given no direction in the type of science project that you are supposed to do, the possible topics are virtually limitless. You can come up with something that is completely original, or you can recreate experiments that have been done previously to see if you are able to obtain different results.
What to include in a research paper
- A full history of similar inventions or experiments
- A definition of all the important concepts and words used to describe the experiment
- Answers to all the questions you asked yourself when planning out your project
- And mathematical formulas that are needed to assist in the description of your results.
When you are searching for examples to look at, make sure that all of these elements are present. You will not be able to know for certain that you are browsing through good examples if you don't have at least a rudimentary knowledge of what they should contain and what they should look like. Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- Each picture or fact in your paper should be followed by a citation. The style of citation varies so make sure that you go by what your professor has asked for, not what is in the example.
- If text has been taken from one of the sources that you used, it needs to be placed in quotation marks, then followed by the proper citation.
- There should usually be the following sections within the paper: A title page, the report, a bibliography, and any other pages you were asked to include.
Now that you know what you are looking for, there are several places to check. One way to find samples is to simply search for a term such as "science project research paper sample". Another way is to browse through some online sites dedicated to the field of science you are working in. If you were unable to find anything acceptable from these two sources, check out your school's library. They may not have anything on your exact topic, but they should have something close enough for you to use.